Character Approved NewsletterTHANK YOU
Thank you for subscribing to the
Character Approved weekly newsletter!
You will receive the next issue of the newsletter this coming Monday.
Sep 9, 2011
Anthony Keyvan plays Omar Hassan in the Characters Unite Film THE SPACE BETWEEN, making its world television premiere on Sunday, September 11 at 9/8c.
I recently turned 11, so I haven't had a lot of experiences yet, but here are a few
things that are on my Character Approved list:
1. Rick Riordan books. I'm currently reading The Lightning Thief, which is one of the books in the Percy Jackson and The Olympian series. I love it and would like to read the whole series. I can't wait to get to the fifth one because my friend tells me that it's the best book!
2. Vans Shoes. They're in style today just as much as they were when my parents were kids. I especially like the checkered ones, because my dad had a pair also when he was my age. I also like the slip-ons because they're so easy to wear.
3. Yogurtland. I love frozen yogurt; it's a healthier choice than ice cream and you can order the most interesting new flavors. Plus, my family, friends, and I can enjoy it together.
4. Black Eyed Peas. I'm a big fan, especially because one of the members, Apple D, is half Filipino--just like me. I still love their song "Where is the Love" because of the message that it's sending. Like my movie The Space Between, it tells us that we're all human and need to work together and get along.
5. Travis Fine. My director in The Space Between, Travis, was so patient and understanding with me. He helped me through my scenes and made me feel so comfortable. It was a great first experience and I'll always remember that.
6. Rescue Missions. Every three months or so, my family and I will go
through all of our stuff for the things we've outgrown or don't need or use
anymore. We donate everything to the Orange County Rescue Mission so that it can go to families who are in need. It always makes me feel so good to know that other kids will have the opportunity to enjoy the toys that my brother and I have donated.
7. iPod Touch. I recently got one of these and I LOVE it! I use it to play video games and listen to music. I can also use it as a camera, and I can email & share pictures with my friends and family.